Welcome to our second Stockist Spotlight where we will learn all about our brand new stockist from Norwich, UK, Proudlock and Harry.
Proudlock and Harry is a “lingerie and fashion accessories boutique for all budgets, hand picked by Clare Angel and two mischievous bulldogs at 44 London Street, Norwich.” We asked Clare to fill in a little questionnaire so we can get to know her and all about her beautiful boutique, here are her answers below.
- What is your name and what is the name of your website/boutique?
Proudlock and Harry, run by Clare Angel (and her two bulldogs!)
- Where are you based?
44 London Street , Norwich , NR2 1 LA. U.K.
- How long have you been running Proudlock and Harry?
We opened the store September 2013
- What made you want to go into the lingerie industry?
Returning to the UK and Norwich after 7 years living abroad I tried to buy nice lingerie but my only options were mass produced high street brands, and although perfect for day to day wear I wanted something unique, different and special. I then found a collection of amazing UK lingerie brands who designed and manufactured in the UK. I wanted everyone to see and feel the difference so Proudlock and Harry was born.
- What is the ethos/concept behind Proudlock and Harry?
We want to offer something different on the high street, something unique, our customers leaving feeling great about themselves. Investing in one of a kind pieces that with care will last forever. We strongly believe in British Designers and the thought and care that goes into each individual item
- Who is a Proudlock and Harry customer? Ie who are you specifically targeting?
Our customers range from late teens with Bluebella to ladies in their 70’s buying corsets. We want every woman to feel good about herself
- Which other brands do you stock?
We stock Lascivious, Maison Close, Bluebella, Playful Promises, Fred and Ginger, Ayten Gasson , For love and Lemons and will be adding new swimwear brands for SS15
- What makes Proudlock and Harry different from other lingerie boutiques?
The store is Boudoir influenced so sets the mood as soon as you enter, we stock the beautiful Timothy Dunn candles so you are greeted with the amazing smell of fresh Flowers. We also stock cushions from the stunning Bluebellgrey so it’s a mixture of girly bedroom and darker Boudoir with Bedroom Accessories from Maison Close.
- What is your ‘go to’ lingerie or lounge wear item that you covet and just can’t live without?
I am totally in love with my Fred and Ginger Indian Princess Robe, the pure silk and rich red really does make me feel like a princess
- For anyone just discovering the lingerie industry, which pieces or brands would you recommend that never fail to deliver, but can add a bit of style to one’s wardrobe?
The Lascivious Milla Bra can make an outfit, along with offering amazing shape with the halter strap. The cut outs make it a strong fashion statement and you would never want to cover it up so perfect with a simple trouser suit or sheer shirt
- Who is your all time fashion style icon past or present?
Coco Chanel is my fashion queen, simple, elegant and different..
- Do you have any upcoming in store events or special offers that we should know about?
We have a bra fitting event for February, Boudoir shoots at the store for Valentine’s Day and we are heavily involved in Norwich Fashion week in March, with the Vintage show particularly exciting
- Where do you see Proudlock and Harryin 5 years’ time?
We would like to open more stores, with Suffolk being our next area to explore
- Finally give us all your website and social media links so we can all find you!
Twitter – @proudlockharry
Facebook – proudlockharry
So go and show Proudlock and Harry some love on their twitter and facebook, or if you are East Anglia (UK) based hit them up to try on their Betty Blue’s and Betty Bridal items or any of the other awesome brands they stock. We wish Proudlock and Harry the very best of luck in their new busisness, and remember to help support Independent boutiques and brands!
Lots of Love
Betty and all at Blue’s HQ! xxx
*Lingerie photography is by Julia Holland and as such she retains the copyright – please do not use without permission. www.boudoirportraitco.uk*